PRIVACY AND COOKIE NOTICE
Last Updated Date: July 1, 2022
ArtWLRD, LLC and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Artwrld,” “we,” or “us”) respect and value your privacy. As part of our commitment to use the information you share with us responsibly, we want you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose information relating to you, your computer, or your device and that enables your identification (“Personal Information”).
This Privacy and Cookie Notice (this “Notice”) describes how we process Personal Information about you that we collect through each website or application operated and controlled by us from which you are accessing this Notice (the “Site”). This Notice does not apply to information that we collect offline, such as over the telephone or in person. By using the Site, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Notice.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
a. What You Give Us
Some parts of the Site may ask you to submit Personal Information in order for you to benefit from the specified features or to participate in a particular activity. For example, you may voluntarily provide Personal Information to us in the following ways:
- Contact Us Forms: If you contact us, we may collect the email address you use to contact us and/or we may collect the information that you provide on any “contact us” form available on the Site. Similarly, if you ask for more information about a product or service on the Site, we collect the Personal Information you provide to contact you with that information.
- Registration For An Account: If you register for an account with us, we will collect the information that you voluntarily provide when registering, This information may include your name, your street address, email address, telephone number, and digital wallet address and type. You may also be asked to provide a username and password.
- Application Forms: We collect the Personal Information you voluntarily provide when you complete an application form on the Site. For example, if you choose to participate in a contest or sweepstakes, we may collect the information you provide in the application form.
- Order Information: If you are a registered user and place orders through the Site, we may collect your purchase history, billing address, phone number, email address, digital wallet address and type, and other digital contact information.
- Subscribe to Mailing List: If you subscribe to our mailing list, we may collect your name, address, digital wallet address and type, and email address.
- Third Party Programs or Applications. Some programs, applications, or services in which you may participate through the Site are provided and operated by one of our third-party business partners, but the Personal Information you supply through such programs, applications, and services will also be received by Artwrld. Our treatment of your Personal Information that is provided to participate in such a third-party program, application, or service is governed by this Notice, and the treatment of your Personal Information by our third-party business partners will be governed by the privacy policies of such third parties.
We may combine Personal Information you submit through the Site with other information we have collected from you, whether on-line or off-line. We treat the combined information in accordance with this Notice.
b. Information from Use of the Site
c. Public Information Derived from Blockchains
We may collect data that is publicly available on blockchains. This may include blockchain addresses, purchase information, sales and/or transfers of non-fungible tokens (“NFTs”).
d. Data about Children
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information through the Site from children under the age of 13. We reserve the right to delete any information identified as having been provided through the Site from children under the age of 13.
2. HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
We use Personal Information submitted by you or otherwise collected through the Site for the purposes described in this Notice and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection. Generally, we use the information you provide for the reason for which it was provided. For example, if you contact us by e-mail, we will use the Personal Information you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem and will respond to the email address from which the contact came. We may also use Personal Information about you as specifically described below:
- Requests, Inquiries, and Applications: We may use your Personal Information to process, evaluate, and respond to your requests, inquiries, and applications. So, if you provide us with information to apply for an account with Artwrld, we will use the information you provide to process and evaluate your application for that purpose. If you provide us with Personal Information to participate in a contest or promotion, we may use your information to administer your participation. If you request certain information from us, we will use your Personal Information to process and respond to your request.
- To Process Orders: We may use your Personal Information for purposes of fulfilling orders and ensuring delivery.
- Manage Our Relationship With You: We may use your Personal Information to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Site, such as information about changes to our terms, conditions, policies, and other administrative information, or about changes to any of our programs in which you might be enrolled.
- Promotional Purposes: We may use your Personal Information, including your transaction history with us, to personalize your consumer experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Site and via email.
- Internal Business Purposes: We may use your Personal Information for internal business purposes, including without limitation, to help us operate, evaluate, and improve the quality of the Site; to better understand those individuals that utilize the Site; to verify your identity; to prevent, protect against, identify, or address fraud, unauthorized activity, claims, liabilities, and other wrongdoing; to provide you with customer service; and to generally manage our business.
- Analytics: We may use Traffic Data to performing market research and data analytics. To learn more about how we use Traffic Data, please see Section 4 of this Notice.
- Legal Requirements, Industry Standards, and Contractual Obligations: We may use your Personal Information for complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and our contractual obligations.
We may use non-personal information or aggregate information that does not identify an individual without restriction, and we may share such information with third parties.
3. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may share your Personal Information only as described in this Notice or as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
- Affiliates: We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates for purposes consistent with this Notice. Our affiliates will be bound to maintain that Personal Information in accordance with this Notice.
- Agents, Consultants, and Service Providers: We may share your Personal Information with individuals or companies that we hire to provide services to us, such as website hosting services.
- Third Party Business Partners: Certain programs, applications, or services available through the Site are made available through third party business partners. Although our treatment of your Personal Information that is provided to participate in such a third-party program, application, or service is governed by this Notice, the treatment of your Personal Information by these third-party business partners will be governed by the privacy policies of such third parties.
- Business Transfers: We may transfer your Personal Information in the event of a business sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, bankruptcy, liquidation, or reorganization. We may also disclose your Personal Information in the course of due diligence of such a transaction. You acknowledge and agree that any successor to or acquirer of Artwrld, LLC (or its assets) will continue to have the right to use your Personal Information and other information. Whether the recipient of your Personal Information in these cases will handle your Personal Information pursuant to this Notice will depend on the applicable law and other factors.
- Legal Requirements: We use and disclose Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (i) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (ii) to comply with legal process; (iii) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (iv) to enforce our terms and conditions; (v) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (vi) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (vii) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Passively Collected Information: We may share Traffic Data that does not identify you directly, but may identify your computer or device, as described in Sections 4 of this Notice.
4. COOKIES AND OTHER PASSIVE COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
As you navigate the Site, certain Traffic Data may be passively collected, meaning it is gathered without your actively providing it. This is done using the following technologies in the following ways:
IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many online service providers, including website operators. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, determining in what geographic regions our visitors are located, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site.
Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type and operating system type and version screen resolution, and Internet browser type and version. Just as IP addresses, we may use this information to enhance our Site and user experience.
Through your device: If you access the Site through a mobile device or other network-connected product, certain information may be collected about that device, including your device type, network service provider, and other identifiers. We may collect unique device identifiers (such as IDFA and AID tags and UUID and UDID identifiers) associated with the devices you use to access the Site.
Using Monitoring Tools: Cookies are not the only way to recognize or track visitors to a website. We may use other, similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons, pixel tags, clear GIFs, Flash Shared Objects, and similar technologies to better tailor the Site in order to provide a better service and to deliver offers that we think may be of interest to you. These technologies usually work in conjunction with cookies. To disable cookies used on our Site, and therefore any other tracking technologies that work in conjunction with these cookies, please follow the instructions above.
Social Media Plug-Ins: We use social media plug-ins from social media networks like Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter, which are labeled on our Site with the well-known symbols of the respective social network. If you interact with these plug-ins, your activity on the Site may also be made available to those social networks. In order to understand how those social networks use and disclose your Personal Information, please review the privacy policies available on the websites of those social networks.
Do Not Track Signals: Our Site currently does not respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals and operates as described in this Notice whether or not a DNT signal is received.
Although our use of passive collection technologies may change over time as technology evolves, the above descriptions are designed to provide you with additional detail about our current approach to information collected from passive technologies.
5. ON-CHAIN DATA
By using the Site, you acknowledge that your Personal Information, including your wallet address, is stored on the applicable publicly searchable blockchain and that neither the Site nor any third party has the power to delete such data published by its Users to the blockchain. The Site is not capable of modifying or deleting data that is stored on the blockchain. The details of your NFT transaction are public information and stored on the blockchain and associated with your wallet address.
We take what we believe to be reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information collected by us from loss, misuse, unauthorized use, access, inadvertent disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no network, server, database, or Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure, error-free, or “hacker proof.” Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you provide to us. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information.
6. DATA RETENTION
We generally retain Personal Information for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes above, or for longer when required by law. To dispose of Personal Information, we may anonymize it, delete it, or take other appropriate steps. Even if we delete your Personal Information, it may persist on backup or archival media for an additional period of time for legal, tax, or regulatory reasons, or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
7. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Opt Out from Direct Electronic Communications
Where it is in accordance with your preferences, Artwrld may send you direct electronic communications, such as through email or text message. You may “opt out” of receiving these electronic communications by following the instructions in the message that you receive, or by sending an e-mail to Artwrld indicating which communications you no longer wish to receive. Note that if you are a customer, we may still send certain administrative messages to you by email that relate to the products that you have ordered or services that you have signed up to receive.
Opt Out from Cookie-Related Processing
You can opt out from certain cookie-related processing as described in Sections 4 of this Notice.
8. THIRD PARTY LINKS AND SERVICES
Artwrld is not responsible for the privacy practices of Metamask, Coinbase, the Ethereum Network, or any other third party. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third parties.
9. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (also known as the “Shine The Light” law) permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about their Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. Alternatively, businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose Personal Information of customers to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless the customer has opted-in to such information sharing. Accordingly, we will not share your Personal Information with third parties other than our affiliates for the third party’s own direct marketing purposes unless you opt-in, for example by checking a consent check box when providing us with your information.
The business and operations of Artwrld may change from time to time. As a result, at times it may be necessary for us to make changes to this Notice to reflect changes in the law, our data handling practices, or the features of our services, websites, and apps. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to update or modify this Notice at any time. Modifications to this Notice will be posted on the Site and the new Effective Date will be displayed at the top of this Notice. In certain circumstances, Artwrld may, but need not, provide you with additional notice of such modifications, such as via e-mail. Modifications will be effective 30 days following the Effective Date, or such other date as communicated in any other notice to you. Where required by applicable law, we will apply changes only with your consent.
Please review this Notice periodically, and especially before you provide any Personal Information. This Notice was updated on the date indicated above. Your continued participation in our programs, services, and events following the effectiveness of any modifications to this Notice constitutes your acceptance of those modifications. If any modification to this Notice is not acceptable to you, you should cease accessing, browsing, and otherwise utilizing Artwrld’s website, as well as its programs, services, and events.
11. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions regarding this Notice or the use of your Personal Information under this Notice, you can contact us at:
Postal Address: 1526 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19125